Fully integrated Mini Gas Turbine test bench
- Hands-on interactive test bench dedicated to propulsion theory
- Real-time operation of a mini-turbine jet engine
- Practical understanding of the thermodynamic and aerodynamic principles of a turbojet operation
- The WESTT MGT is a movable bench with a fully instrumented engine
- It is dedicated to universities, engineering schools and technical colleges
- It is an ideal platform for theoretical and experimental approach to current challenges such as noise and environmental pollution
Covers a variety of training subjects
- Construction: 3D dynamic view of engine architecture.
- Systems: in-depth exploration of hydraulics lines and their components.
- Thermodynamics: Brayton cycle representation, pressure and temperature measurement.
- Aerodynamics: velocity triangles
Main components of the bench
- Thermocouples and pressure sensors for numerous data acquisition
- A set of exhaust nozzles to understand impact of geometry on performance
- A modern and intuitive software for a quick reading use, with strong visual tools, can be used as teaching aid during lectures when connected to a video projector.
Control and safety
- The engine is remotely controlled from a rugged case containing a laptop with touch screen interface, engine’s controllers (thrust lever, mode selector and master switch) and an emergency stop.
- The gas turbine is surrounded by a safety shield
- Emergency stops and extinguisher complement the bench.